The configuration “SandSoft: Hotel” is designed to automate the work of accommodation services in hotels, sanatoriums, hotels and rest homes.
The main functionality of the program:
- Accommodation of guests and booking of rooms:
- settlement of guests;
- booking a room (individual and group);
- moving from room to room;
- changing or canceling erroneous operations;
- extract from the room.
- Accounting of services provided:
- planning and accounting of services included in the rates of accommodation;
- planning and accounting of additional services provided to the guest;
- planning and accounting of guest catering services;
- accounting for additional services provided to third parties;
- setting tariffs for services, forming complex tariffs from several services.
- Room stock – register storage and room stock accounting – information on hotel rooms, including their characteristics and current status. Registration of requirements for the support of the number fund, control of their execution.
- Guest card file – storing information about the guest according to the completed questionnaire, as well as the history of his residence and mutual settlements.
- Conducting mutual settlements – settlements with guests and counterparties for cash and non-cash payments. Accounting for discounts for services. Formation of invoices for payment and guest’s bills. Accrual and payment of agency fees. Calculations for additional services provided to third parties. Storing the history of settlements with counterparties.
- Reporting – reports on the state of the room stock, on booking and settling rooms, on mutual settlements with guests and counterparties.
The configuration has an interface structured both by processes and “from the user” (the interface is built as a model of typical user actions). All work can be carried out through special forms “Chess” and “Accommodation Service”, which simplify the execution of operations with guests and control of the state of the room fund, allow minimizing the amount of user actions to perform standard operations and obtain reporting information.
- group settlement.
- maid service
- compound tariffs
- management (sauna, billiards….)
- working with agents
- cash discipline
- payments by plastic cards
- managing mini bars
- control of electronic locks
- warehouse accounting
- equipment of the room fund
- accounting for several organizations
Accommodation of guests
Accommodation accounting is the entry and analysis of data on the accommodation of guests in the rooms. This section is the main one, since all other operations are based on guest data.
In the process of accounting, the user can see the current and planned loading of rooms, make reservations, register settlements, receive various reports.
The main concepts in the accommodation of guests:
- Guests are individuals who live in the hotel and use its services. Information about the guest is stored in the directory and can be used for re-settlement.
- Room fund – a list of hotel rooms. Each room is characterized by a type (standard, suite, studio, etc.) and a set of characteristics.
- Settlement is an event that means the guest’s check–in to the room.
When accounting for accommodation, in addition to directly settling the guest, operations such as:
- Relocation is a change in any parameters of the guest’s stay from a certain date.
- Eviction – registration of the fact of departure of the guest on the specified day.
Provision of services
Taking into account services means the following actions
- Setting the set and cost of services provided by the organization.
- Planning the provision of services, calculation of the planned cost.
- Reflection of the fact of rendering services.
In the process of such accounting, information is generated about the cost and quantity of services rendered, which allows you to evaluate the activities of the enterprise.
The basic concepts of service accounting are:
- Service – the name of the service provided to the client.
- Tariff – the name of the price position for the service. For example, the service “Accommodation” can have several tariffs: “Standard”, “Suite”, “Studio”.
The term “Tariff” defines the name of the price position and does not contain the price itself.
- Bid – the price linked to a specific tariff. The price value for the tariff may change over time. At the same time, the name of the tariff remains unchanged.
Accounting for services involves their planning and provision. Planning is the definition of the set and cost of services that should be provided to the client
The provision of a service is a reflection of the fact that the client has received the service.
Conducting mutual settlements
Conducting mutual settlements implies:
– Reflection of payments from service recipients
– Debt control
– Document flow with clients: invoicing for payment, acts of rendering services, etc.
Important concepts in the conduct of mutual settlements are:
- Payer – a person paying for services. The payer can be either the guest himself or some organization or a third party.
The recipient of the services and the payer may differ.
Debt is the amount that the payer must reimburse to the organization providing the services. The concepts of “planned” and “actual” debt differ.
– Planned debt – occurs before the provision of services. This is the preliminary estimated cost of services that the payer will have to reimburse in case of their provision. The planned debt appears when calculating the amounts of advance payments, when calculating the cost of accommodation at the time of booking or check-in, etc.
– Actual debt – arises at the time of rendering services by the payer and reflects the actual amount to be reimbursed. The actual debt appears in the final settlement with the guest at the time of departure, when determining the payer’s debt to the organization, when forming documents such as “Act of rendering services”, “Guest’s Account” or “Reconciliation Act”.
The increase in debt occurs when services are accrued. Reduction – upon receipt of payments. The difference between the accrual and payment amounts is the actual debt of the payer. If the debt is positive, it means that the payer received more services than he paid for. In this case, we are talking about a debt to the organization, and the payer is expected to receive money to repay the debt.
If the debt has a negative sign, it means that less services were rendered than were paid, and the overpayment is registered for the payer. In this case, the organization must refund the overpaid amount to the payer.
- The contract is a separate contract with the payer, within which mutual settlements are conducted.
The contract is an additional parameter of mutual settlements. One payer may have several contracts with the organization (for example, two major arrivals during the year, respectively, two different contracts), and the amount of debt will accumulate separately for each of these contracts. Thus, it will be possible to control both the payer’s debt as a whole and the debt separately for each contract.